Monday, April 12, 2010

Great Outdoors

Disign wall Monday, again. And this week I have something new.
I was picking up "stuff" and came across the leftovers of The City of Roses. When I looked at the pices of strata I began to see the makings of a new purse.

And this is how far I have gotten. On the left is the body of the purse including a front pocket. The next picture is the lining. The front, lining, and batting are all put together and quilted.
Check

Judy's
blog for other projects.




This is a close up of the quilting. And now I really want a computerized quilting system. This was done by machine embroidery, four hoopings. This are the best feathers I will ever do. ;-)
















I once again tried quilting Purple Rail and this is the panto I am using.









I really like how it looks but I am having problems with tension, thread breaking and so this is all I have gotten done, so far. I have cleaned the bobbin case, under the throat plate, changed the needle, and tried everything I can think of. It has gotten a little better but for some reason it is not working as well as usual.





So Sunday afternoon DH and I put this gazebo together and spent the rest of the day reading in the shade.















5 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

I hate it when the thread keep breaking. What kind of quilter do you have? Love the gazebo!!

Teaquilts said...

Can't help with the tread breaking, but that gazebo is great. I never thought to add one to my deck... "Honey, come here I have a new project for you!"

Kathie said...

Love those feathers, good luck getting the tension problem worked out.

kathie L.

Diane said...

this may be a stupid question but did you re -thread the machine? also try taking a piece of dental floss, knotting it in 4-5 places and run that through the thread tension discs, sometimes you get a little fuzzy caught in there. Then re -thread the whole thing but before you do pull off a good yard or so of thread from the spool and discard it. sometimes the thread is goofy on the spool too. good luck, bad tension bites big time. (excuse my quasi-french!)

Amy said...

Sorry you are having troubles with your tension. It is so frustrating! But on the bright side - I love the gazebo. It looks very relaxing.