Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Call Me Crazy

Tomorrow I start a new venture. I am already leading a really great Weight Watcher’s group on Friday afternoons. And tomorrow I will drive 120+ miles to start leading a new group and then drive another 40+ miles to take over an ongoing group. And when that one is done I will, I hope, go to the beach for a breather before heading home. Please now look at my profile which clearly says I love being retired. Even my mother thinks I am crazy, and has said so. However, I am looking forward to meeting new people and helping them work toward their goals.


Now, this is going to cut into my sewing time and that is the part I am not so happy about. I


am going to have to be much more organized. To that end I worked this week on this



This is going to be a baby comfort quilt. An abuse home has requested baby quilts from our guild and I was recently given a lot of this bear fabric. I am, again, doing a Disappearing 9 Patch, my go to pattern.







The blocks finish at 16” so I may only have to make two more and then border it with a 5” border or maybe a 2” inner border and a 3” outer border.



I also got some work done on my Christmas projects and even got part of it done. And, since it’s still September I am impressed at how far ahead of the gift game I am. Let’s see if I can keep it up.

6 comments:

Pat said...

WOW...that is far to drive to work with those groups. I'm sure they will love you for doing it, but I think you will drive yourself crazy with all that traveling before too long! The bear quilt is coming along nicely.

Gretchen said...

That's a lot of driving! Of course being in Atlanta, I try to drive the least amount possible. Very cute quilt and I'm sure will bring a little one lots of comfort.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Cute quilt!! One good thing...you don't have to worry about driving in the snow!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think that is what retirement is, a time to get involved in things that really mean a lot to you. You are probably able to give them more support than an overworked person who is holding down a job and trying to lead a group.

Gina said...

Good luck with the new group. I'm sure you'll still find time for your sewing

Love and hugs GIna xxx

Judy D in WA said...

Those are some adorable bears. You have fun driving, I'm with your mom on this one. :0) Aren't you glad you are so far ahead with your Christmas gifts???