Monday, September 20, 2010

Same old, same old

OK, so my design wall looks pretty much like it did last week. Of course, I have the excuse that I didn’t get my machine back until mid-week. AND, I was gone all day Friday and Sunday, AND, when the machine came back I worked on Christmas gifts which I can’t show. I’m getting pretty good at this excuse thing, huh?

However, we did decide that we will be going to MD for Christmas. Yes, I am still concerned about weather but I am really excited to spend Christmas with two of my favorite people. What was really nice was that my sister wrote and suggested we spend Christmas with them. And earlier another DIL invited us to be with them, but they are in CO which I didn’t think was any better than being in MD. But isn’t it nice to be wanted all over the country?

This week, besides Christmas stuff, I hope to cut out a comfort quilt for the guild charity (fabric sitting on cutting table) and a flannel log cabin (fabric in basket on pressing table). I have a UFO I really need to pull into the mix but I think three projects at a time is just right for me. And besides, I really need to finish the one on the wall first and it wasn’t even counted in my “three projects.” Oh, my!

The snowmen on the wall are all appliqued down and soon I will be taking them into the house to do the hand embroidery. I’m not as nervous about that as I was earlier this year when I worked on the Lace and Baskets quilt, it seemed to come back to me pretty well.

Be sure to check out Judy’s blog to see what lots of others are doing. And, have a great week.

10 comments:

Happy Room Diana said...

Your design wall quilt is looking great, and sounds like you have loads of invites for Christmas... maybe I can use one if you have a spare!!

Chris said...

The snowmen are so cute. I have to say I have a soft place for all snowmen :)

Unknown said...

I need to do the snowman BOM, I had all intentions to. Guess, it's not too late. Yours look great!

Judy D in WA said...

Some weeks are like that! No excuses necessary. But they were good ones. :)
I love you projects. I'd love to know what your secret Christmas stuff is so maybe I can copy yours/get in the mood to do my own.

Bonnie said...

Gari: Lovely work on the design wall. Since I am still working on the baskets I didn't do the snowmen. Hopefully, this will put your mind to rest -- it rarely snows in Maryland over Christmas. We were there for 15 Christmases and I can't specifically remember any problems getting around. Now, I know several years 1/9 was a snowy mess (son's bd and he kept track when in school...) Most really nasty big storms come in Feb or March. Hope you make it up and enjoy your time there. Bonnie

Roxann said...

What a pleasant surprise to stumble upon your blog and see the same set of exchange blocks on your design wall as I have tucked away in my UFO tub! (Mine is the second block down on the left)
Roxann

Julie in the Barn said...

The snowmen are just adorable. Love them. I really covet the quilt in your header, though. Someday I will make something with that block pattern. It's on my bucket list.

Pat said...

The snowmen are SO cute! What fun that you were invited so many places for Christmas!!!

Barb in Mi said...

What a variety of beautiful projects! No excuses - it's supposed to be fun and relaxing! No stressing allowed.

Teaquilts said...

Yes, it is wonderful to be wanted all over the country. Sometimes we just have those weeks when we don't get to do what we want. Hopefully the gifts you worked on made up for it.