Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Still No Machine

Of course the repairman only has been back from his 4 day vacation for 2 days and I’m sure mine is not the only machine he has to work on. However, I am about to get the shakes.

I did clean.




Look at the clean cutting table. While it was empty I turned the cutting mat. I have been using the one end for 4 ½ years and I really have needed to turn it. Now I have a very nice and smooth cutting space.











And even when I put all the tools on the end I still have a very large area to cut on.










And look at the chair and pressing table.

I can work at the table and then when I get tired I have a place to rest. Of course I always cleared enough of the chair to sit down, even when it was covered with fabric. ;-)








Of course I had to mess it up a bit.


I pulled out several pieces of flannel to see if I have enough to make a flannel log cabin. I think I do so I packed all this into a laundry basket and it is sitting in my laundry room, waiting for me to prewash it. Some of this fabric I have had for more than 5 years but just couldn’t come up with a plan. Now I think a log cabin will be great.

I did begin the “thinking” process for these pieces.

These are leather sample pieces that a friend gave me. I can see a leather and flannel throw for the cowboy front room and maybe a couple of purses. I have never worked with leather but I sure am going to give it a go. I don’t think I will get to it until after Christmas but it should be a really fun change of pace.

4 comments:

Pat said...

NICE and tidy....maybe if the machine stays in the "hospital" for a bit, the room will stay nice and clean for awhile!!! LOL

Unknown said...

can I borrow that big cutting table? how nice

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't prewash my flannels and they are much easier to cut that way. then when I wash it after quilting it gets nice and crinkly like an old quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like you are doing lots of creating and planning. You will be so ready to work on all these projects when your machine comes home.