Right now there is nothing on my design wall. To see what I had there until Friday check out my last post here.
I have, however been busy.
I belong to a Yahoo list, Homequiltingsystems, and their Frame Friday encourages me to keep something on my HQ. So on Friday I put this QAL from two years ago on so I can get it ready to give as a comfort quilt.
I got everything loaded and set up and began quilting.
Then, suddenly, everything came to a stop and I couldn't move the machine forward. I checked the wheels, if there was something on the track, if I had left something on the panto table, if a cord was caught up on something, and anything else I could think of.
And here is what I finally found. The track on the carriage had moved. Can you see how far off of the carriage it has gotten. Only the back part of the track is off so the first part was still in place. And, I couldn’t pick up the machine and move the tracks. Besides, I would also need to figure out what to use to more permanently stick the track down before I put everything back. So I packed it in for the night.
Saturday DH and I spent spending money at Lowes: pool supplies, plant supplies, weed eradicator supplies, and metal to metal glue. Then we went home and glued. The directions said to wait 24 hours before using so I spent some time stitching applique teapots.
Sunday afternoon found me back to quilting. Yea!
I am really happy with how this is looking.
This is the panto I am using. I like how it is showing up in the large white spaces and then seems to disappear when it comes to the blocks. I am using a very soft pink.
Here is the name: it comes from Urbanelemtz.
This is my Walmart gardenia bush. I am so happy with it as it almost died the first winter and now look at all those blooms.
Beauty and scent, what a wonderful combination that is greeting me every morning.
And, of course, this is just above that beautiful bush. Life is good.
Have a great week.