Friday, October 25, 2013

Quilt Festival Entry

Funky Chickens DONE
My favorite quilt is usually my last quilt but at this time it is my interpretation of Sindy Rodenmayer’s Funky Chickens.

This was a BOM for 2012 and as soon as I saw the first one I was hooked.  My mother has collected chickens for as long as I can remember so the first one was also made into a pillow for her.  After that I was on the lookout for as many colors of batiks as I could find so my chickens would be beautiful in their chicken yard.

Chicken-Barn backing

Then I wanted the chickens to be in a farm setting much like the ones of my grandparents and my aunt and uncle.  So the backing has barns (with quilt block sides) and fields with chicken wire fencing.

If you like my entry, please go to Amy’s Creative Side and vote for my Funky Chickens.  Edit: voting starts November 1.

Thanks for visiting and comments are always welcome. 

gari

17 comments:

Vicki said...

Cluck..cluck! I can see why this would be a favorite! Great quilt!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh I just love your quilt!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such fun! Love it.

Jasper's Cottage said...

great quilt - can't wait to vote!

Seams Sew Together said...

Cool Quilt!!

Kate said...

It's such a fun and colorful quilt. You've made so many great quilts it would be hard pick a favorite, but this one is up there on my list.

Angie in SoCal said...

Somehow I missed your showing the completed quilt. I enjoyed seeing your chickens as you shared them - they're so cute! Perfect setting for them - right away I thought of corn and chicken yards. Love it - I'll be voting for it come Nov. 1.

Karen said...

I remember the funky chicken patterns. The back of the quilt is interesting. Good idea.

Anonymous said...

Love those chickens :-)

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

What an adorable chicken quilt! I love the chicken wire backing too. :-)

Jan said...

I love your chicken quilt and the backing is perfect! great Job!

CitricSugar said...

Now that's really fun!

Anonymous said...

What what fun this quilt is! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Lynette said...

I love your chickens. :D So fun to see this out again!

Calicojoan said...

And a cluck cluck here...and a cluck cluck there. How fun is this quilt!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Such a cute quilt!

Anonymous said...

cute