Earlier this week I was agonizing over what fabric to use for the Alphabet BOM letters. I looked at colored solids, thinking I could use different colors for each letter or I could just make them all black like the original. Then, while sewing the binding on my current quilt, I looked up at the fabric shelf that houses my black fabric stash and saw this black on white dotted fabric. I think it is perfect, don’t you. And it allows me to use any and all colors in the patchwork blocks that go with them. I have two more patch blocks to make and then I will cut the background pieces so I can have the first block done. Whew!
I did get the binding sewn onto my Carol Doak BOM, pressed it out and have clipped it to the back, ready to finish the sewing.
I even got a label done for it. I haven’t used my embroidery machine for almost a year, after it messed up the last label I was making. This time all went well …… until the third row was almost done. At that point the stitching slowed to a crawl and then stopped. And there was a odor that I took to be the motor overheating. Well, I stopped and shut everything down. I let it sit overnight and then started it up again this morning. It finished my lettering but it hesitated at the beginning of each letter. Yes, I was excited when it was completed but this baby will be going to the sewing machine hospital this week.
When I was taking breaks I knitted on my twin socks and got ready to start another pair. It is really funny how much fun I am having knitting a pair of socks at the same time. I also have almost completed my cowl. I hope to have it to show soon.
This week I hope to complete the Alphabet block and then work on owl and fish blocks so I can be ready for the two new BOMs that start next month. Nothing but excitement around here.