This is me, sitting on the floor with Sadie, at the vet’s office. We were really concerned when she started wheezing, yelping, and then not jumping on the furniture. Fortunately the vet doesn’t think it is anything serious and gave her an anti-inflammatory shot and follow-up pills. She was MUCH better after the shot but after that wore out she is more gradually getting better.
It could be she is experiencing sympathy pain for me. I, too, am better but my recovery from the furniture moving episode is taking more time than I would like. Sadie and I are walking a little more slowly but are still moving.
I did finally finish these socks. All I had left to do was stitch the toes shut so I got busy and stitched them up. In fact I am wearing them as I write this. I love my hand knit socks.
I did get my Carol Doak BOM on the frame and began the quilting. I had thought to do custom feathering but after trying to come up with a plan I realized that this is going to be a gift to people who are not quilt people and will appreciate it without custom quilting.
I chose this panto from Urban Elementz because it is all feathers and curly cues, contrasting with the very geometric blocks. (Sorry I don’t know the name as I cut that part off and can’t find it.)
This is the pieced backing. I had bought the outer fabric but it was not quite enough to back the quilt so I found this complimentary fabric in my stash to go with it. I like pieced backs but I really hate piecing them.
I love the color of this thread, an off brand, as it tends to fade into both the cream and the colored fabrics.
For some reason my stitch regulator is not working so I am having to be really careful of my speed to try to keep the the stitches as even as possible. I am almost half way though so I should have it quilted by Friday.
I won’t be able to quilt on Friday as that is our anniversary (53 years) and we will be out celebrating, AGAIN.
Then after all that celebrating, I will probably rest and work some more on my toe up two at a time socks. As you can see I have gotten a little more done. I finished all the increases on the toes and am now knitting the foot. I am not doing anything special, just plain socks, as I figure that is enough as I learn to remember to not twist the yarn or knit the same ball of yarn on both socks. See, I don’t need a computer program to challenge my brain, I have all this other stuff going on.
Well, I guess that’s all I have to share. I will be working on my BOMs this week and hope to get more sewn on Celtic Solstice so I can have something new on the design wall next week.
Have a great week: Gari