All quilted and bound. This quilt is ready to go to it’s new owners. That is if Sadie will let us have it back.
I am always surprised at how big a quilt seems when I am pitting the binding on. I thought I would never get all the way around it.
And then, while I was doing the binding, I found an area with terrible quilting. So I drew, with my blue pen, around the bad stitches and then pulled them out.
I put the finished quilt back on the frame using the giant magnets.
This is a first for me (and I would like it to be the last) but I was very happy with the way it all turned out. All I had to do was quilt/trace the blue marking and everything looks great.
I am very happy with how the quilting turned out, especially after it had a soak and time in the dryer.
I love how the quilt crinkles a little and becomes softer.
I think I am going to miss this quilt when it leaves.
I finished all the pieced blocks for the Alphabet BOM #1 and then began planning for the applique. I thought I would use a black and white variegated thread but when I tested it it looked like the bobbin thread was pulled to the top rather than a pretty variation of the thread color. So I decided to blanket stitch the letters in white.
It is hard to see it here but with the thread being polyester, it really stands out and looks great.
So I have Block #1 done and even before the end of the month. Now I just need to catch up with my other BOMs.
Hope everyone is keeping warm. Gari