Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mid-Week Accomplishments

It has been a great week around here so far.    Hat 2
I finished DH’s new hat just in time for the temps to rise to the lower 70s.  Confused smile















Hat 2bHowever it will be going down to below freezing by the end of the week so this hat will be put to good use. 













BOM hatsAnd I got a little further along with the new BOM, From Heat to Toe.  These are all six of the hats that go on the first two blocks.  Now I really do need to figure out the background fabric.

On Friday I am going to the first of four “Spring” quilt shows.  I look forward to the inspiration I know I will find there.  And I will have a reason to look for fabric from the vendors.  The really cool thing is that one of my favorite fabric stores is on the way home from the show so I am sure to come home prepared to get these blocks done.

And in between all of this creativity we were able to sneak in a lunch with our daughter.  With three of our four children living in other states, we are so lucky to have her close by.

I won a giveaway from Stephanie of Loft Creations and the box arrived yesterday.  I am still checking it all out and will report on it Sunday night.  Isn’t it exciting to win “stuff” from a great designer?

Gari

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Winter just continues to plow through our areas. Our respite is high 50's to mid 60's. The hat will surely be appreciated soon. Those hats look great.. I had to go look at the website when you gave it a while ago. I'm thanking my lucky stars that I kissed signing up for it! You do a great job on keeping up on all the boms you do. Great job.

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing up the hat. It looks great! Love your "quilt hats", those are cute too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.