Friday, May 16, 2014

Eric’s Boots: Blogger’s Quilt Festival

Eric's BootsThis is my entry into the Blogger’s Quilt Festival.  As always my last finished quilt is my favorite thus I present Eric’s Boots, my current favorite.














upper halfThe boots were a BOM from Moose on the Porch in 2010, I think.  I had a great time picking out the fabrics for each of the boots, making them my own.











lower halfThe sashing/
border fabric has been in my stash for a few years.  I LOVE it but it hasn’t wanted to play nice with other fabrics ……. until now.


Three times I put the blocks on the wall and three times I put them back in the BOM “waiting” box.







ATW embroideryAnd then along came these machine embroidery designs, from Artistic Thread Works, and they were perfect.  I had just had my embroidery machine serviced so I quickly sewed them up and this quilt was finally born.












lableI had the top completed in time for DH’s birthday.  He is a old timey B-Western fan and memorabilia collector and this quilt will fit in nicely in our museum like great room.















Boots backingThis the backing for Eric’s Boots.  I found it in my stash: I think I had thought to make curtains but that never happened.














I am very excited about this quilt.  I tend to not be able to make a quilt using the designer’s layout and Eric’s Boots is no exception.

Thanks for visiting,  Gari

10 comments:

Jasper's Cottage said...

I love that border fabric, it's the perfect frame for all the blocks. Great job and I'm sure Eric loves it.

Gretchen said...

I just love this quilt! It is so unique & wonderfully done. Your husband will surely enjoy it in his cowboy room

sherry said...

cute boots…i really like the different boots

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Love your boots I might even have those patterns!!! I have the nativity tree skirt in the same category on the blog festival. Hope you can come and visit!!

Just A Southern Girl said...

How fun! I I'm sure DH loves it!

CitricSugar said...

Very fun!

Rachaeldaisy said...

This is such a fun quilt. I love the way each boot is different, and has lots of detail. The backing fabric fits the theme perfectly!

Writingmom said...

Such a creative use of fabric and design. I know lots of people who would love to have this piece in their family rooms. The border fabric is fantastic on this quilt. I have had fabrics that had to wait for the right project, too!

Kate said...

Fun, fun quilt! Glad you put it up till you find just the right elements. Congrats on the finish.

Bonnie said...

What a great quilt. I love the mix of machine embroidery and appliqué. Hat's off to you for a great finish. And, yes, I'm way behind on my blog reading!