Sunday, May 11, 2014

Labels, Labels, Labels, and Mother’s Day

4 generations of mothersI put this picture on Facebook for Mother’s Day but thought I would share it here.  This is our family’s 4 generations of mothers: My mother, me, my daughter and granddaughter.  We have Mother’s Day all over the southeast.  Be right back










Mother's Day lunchDH and I went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch: doesn’t this look good?  Well I’m here to tell you that it was GREAT! 















binding clipped and ready to sewI finally got the binding put on the Boots quilt.  I had to wait until I had the label designed (EQ design wall?).
















boots labelI am working with a new software: it is so much easier to stay with the old one but I like the challenge. 























Funky Chicken's label readyI also have pinned the label on the Funky Chickens quilt but it isn’t sewn on yet.  I plan to take a couple of these quilts to guild Tuesday and would like the labels to be there when I do.













UR label in processI have started stitching down the Underground Railroad label.  I have to say that all these labels have severely cut into my knitting time.  Confused smile














knitting endedAnd this also cuts into my knitting time.  After DH and three dogs join me on the swing, there is precious little room for knitting.  But who can say no to these cuties.













last placemats 1
last placemats 2
I did finish my placemats, first real finish since March.  But I think I am on a roll now.





I will be linking up with Patchwork Times, a great place to get your creative juices flowing.

6 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I'm craving pizza now. :
Fabulous, fun labels! You are so creative.
Love the placemats and the swing full of dogs. :)

Kate said...

Fun labels! I really like the name you picked for your husband's quilt. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Dar said...

Enjoyed seeing your 4 generation moms. Your labels look so professional. I'd say you have mastered that new software real easily if these were the first you've made from it. My knitting is take a break too because of customer quilts. I'll sneak in some time soon (the weather is going to be in the 50's for 3 or 4 days this week) -- Good knitting weather for sure.

Bonnie said...

Ok, I'll read backward to find out about your new software for labels. But, I'd love to know how you do your embroidery designs. I hate learning new software so I haven't gotten very far with labels. How about a whole post on how you got your labels done? They look great.

Brandi said...

Your pups are so cute. We have a Mellow Mushroom here in Atlanta too. Their pizza is so good. Glad you enjoyed a nice day with your family.

RS said...

The generation of moms is a fantastic picture. Somehow I missed it on FB. Glad you put it here!