Friday, January 9, 2009

Multiple Projects


What a fun day I have had. A little quilting:




this is Ode To Flavin - started after Flavin Glover was a teacher at my LQG in 2007.













I also added some double 9 patch blocks to the Rolling Star Block. I still have several more of each to go but we are on our way.










This is a new project. I am part of the Calendar Quilt Challenge and this is my start. The challenge is to add a strip a day for the entire year and it will eventually be a coin quilt, something I have never done.










and a little crafting: I took an old lamp and made it beautiful......

8 comments:

Pat said...

Wow....great job on all of it, you busy lady!

Pat said...

Wow....you are some CREATIVE gal. I am very impressed with your ideas and the end results!

jovaliquilts said...

I love the idea of the calendar quilt challenge. A strip a day is definitely manageable!

pollyanna said...

I have been catching up and you have been busy! Everything looks wonderful. That lamp looks like it got a full face lift :) And I love your quilt on the frame. Love the colors. And I adore black and white and red! Busy wonderfully busy!

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Gari,
Thanks for coming to visit my blog- it is nice to meet new quilters.
I have made a few coin quilts- there is a star one posted in one of my earlier posts that I made for a wedding gift. I think it is a cool idea to add a strip a day - You should certainly get more than one quilt out of it. Are you making it from a pattern or will it be designed as you go?
It sounds like you are having lots of fun with your machines- I have limited space but enjoy the Babylock machine very much. I will look forward to visiting your blog again.
Regards,
Anna

Browndirtcottage said...

Hello...I was glad for your visit....I thought I would come over and see what you are up to..looks like quiet a lot. I love seeing your mystery quilt in different colors...can't wait to see the finished project.....

Wilma Lee said...

You have been very busy!! Love the quilt and especially the lamp makeover.

Perry said...

A calendar quilt...will be looking forward to seeing that one. You did a great job on the lamp. Isn't it fun to be retired and do what you want to more or less? I don't miss working either.