Thursday, March 12, 2009



This week has been great. Monday my daughter made Lifetime at Weight Watchers.

She was so excited and I wasn’t very far behind her. Two more weeks and I should be smiling just like that.

Tuesday was quilt guild where the guild is starting to make plans to do a quilt show. I love those shows but they sure do look like a lot of work. Fortunately we have about 18 months to get ready.


Wednesday I got the kids quilts ready to go.








I felt a loss when my daughter picked them up but it was time to get back to other things. I had a long list of things to work on but for some reason I couldn’t get started and I even went to bed early but


not before I saw this:















But today was different. Up at 6, I was in the
studio by 7. On the way out I saw the moon
again:



Once I stopped looking at the moon I got busy and spent the morning completing the 12 swap blocks.














Then I made a datebook cover. I have been wanting to make one but hadn’t gotten to it. The cover is made from a practice piece. I went to MQX (Machine Quilter’s Exposition) in NH last April where I had my only hands on training on my machine. Anyway, the cover is cut from the practice piece I did there and shows my first attempts at quilting feathers.















And the last thing I did today was to do the Eleanor Burns BOM.




By the time I was done with all of that it was time for dinner and some puppy time. We sat on the deck, listened to the birds and enjoyed the beautiful weather. So far this has been a really good week.




5 comments:

Lurline said...

Your daughter looks as wonderful as her big smile - looking forward to seeing a pic of you too! Wow, you have had a busy week!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Judi said...

Looks like you have been busy, I love the feather quilting. I will conquer my fear one day and attempt to do the feather stitch as well. I love the album block! Take care.

Julie said...

Congratulations to your daughter for making Lifetime, and congrats in advance to you for being right behind her!!!!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Your swap blocks are so pretty, Gari!

Carrie said...

Love the pictures of the moon. What a good idea to use your practice piece for a date book. Your feather quilting looks beautiful.