Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gifts: from me & for me

004005 - CopyTodd & Jessica

Here is what I worked on in September and October.  There are several sets of placemats.  The original pattern was from 3 Creative Studios, a slash and sort pattern.  The plan then was to flip and sew and be done.  However, I didn’t think there was enough quilting so machine quilted (DSM) each section.  I used Christmas fabric on the backs so these placemats are good to go all year.  And I love the gold binding, fabric from RJR.

012 - Copy

006 - Copy

016

Then, during the month of December I won two giveaways.  The first was from Amy .

004

Here you see two Christmas fat quarters, two rulers (there really is a little triangle ruler in front of the fabric), some 2 1/2” strips of fabric, a box of pins and a box of quilt blocks and quilt patterns.  Such fun to start planning.

001

And this giveaway is from Brenda.  This is a mat to sit under my Featherweight.  It has two pockets, that will hang down from the table, to hold “stuff” and also came with a delightful postcard.  The things from Amy are sitting on the back of this mat.  I love the postcard because it shows my “before” and “after” of my Weight Watcher’s adventure.

I can’t stay on the computer.  My DS and DBIL from CA are turning into the driveway.  I haven’t seen them for 3 1/2 years and am really looking forward to a good evening with them as they are returning home from a FL vacation.  See ya soon.

7 comments:

Pat said...

Love the things you made and won. Have a great visit with your family members!

Jan said...

What great stuff you won and made--thanks for sharing!Have fun with visitng family!

Vicki W said...

What great placemats! Thanks for using our pattern!
http://3creativestudios.com/freeprojects/FQplacemats.pdf

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

How lucky to have won two wonderful giveaways...congrats! Your placemats turned out great!

I enjoyed my visit today and I look forward to returning again soon! It was fun to "browse" through your past posts!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Terri Stegmiller said...

The placemats turned out great!

Becky J. said...

thanks for the bunny hill suggestion. i was waiting for her to show it off! great swap stuff...and isn't it fun to make and keep something for ourslelves? weeeee

Amy said...

Oh, so glad the package made it safely to you. And WOW! You were a lucky-ducky in December! TWO winnings :0)

So many placemats!!!! LOVE the pink/brown/light set; so pretty!