Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Worth a Thousand Words

008

This is my political thought for the year.

















And on the quilting side:

fabric choices
This is a picture of the back-ground and border fabric I have chosen for Esther Aliu’s new BOM.  I don’t know why I am doing this: I haven’t worked on the last one for over four months and only got 5 of the blocks done. 

But I went ahead and bought this fabric for it and, if she hasn’t designed something that is WAY beyond me, again, I want to be ready.  I really have wanted to do a gray quilt and gray background squares with applique flowers just sounds beautiful.  Esther has given us the cutting instructions for all of the blocks, sashing, and borders and then will give us the first applique block on the 15th.  I think I will hold off on the cutting until I see what that first block looks like.  Then I’ll decide if I am ready to cut into this neat fabric.  Nyah-Nyah

3 comments:

Denise :) said...

Haha! Love the 'political' cartoon! And I know what you mean about keeping up ... I download the files just in case for later on down the line! You did GREAT with your fabric choices -- gorgeous stuff! You'll have to use it for something--it's too pretty to tuck away! :)

Gmama Jane said...

I'm noticing lots of gray themed projects out there. Your fabric choices are beautiful. I find that I get bored with those colors when making a quilt and the project becomes a UFO. All my Civil War blocks are becoming mug rugs. I have to work in the brighter colors to keep my interest up which is so surprising since I used to be drawn to "country" colors and suddenly I switched gears. I can do that can't I? That's what I love about quilting, I can do whatever suits my fancy at the time and no one has to like it but me!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Vivian said...

I can't decide what fabrics to use either. I am going to wait until I see the first round of applique to choose my fabrics. I do love your choices.