Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Little Progress on Several Fronts

Chicken #4
On the quilting front, I did get Chicken #4 quilted.













4 close up
I am really having fun putting those little feathers on the tail feathers.








wavy lines on 9 patchs
Then I moved down to the center row.  To make my quilting easier I decided to start this row by quilting the 9 patches.  I am doing waving lines in the squares.  While I am stitching them I think of the chickens that wander in our yard.  They tend to wander very much like the way the quilting lines go.



Weave top done
I did get the Weave quilt top done.  I plan to put a brown binding on whenever it gets quilted.  Now I just need to either start something else or spend some time making backings for the tops that are waiting in the quilting queue.






sock 1 coming along
And I used all my resting time to work on my first sock. 












Me and DPs
Much to my surprise, I am not having problems working with the double pointed needles.  I put the point protectors on but don’t really need them, I just think they are fun.





doesn't quite fit yet
But from what I can see I still have a long way to go.  Confused smile








7 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your chicken!

Mary Marcotte said...

That's a mighty proud chicken, right there! I love the quilting on him. As for the sock, I'm impressed that your needles have two points. I thought they came with only one. Really. I did. The sock on your foot has me laughing: it's so like something my mom would have done! She once took a picture with a baby chick on her head...for no reason at all, except fun! Yes, it pooped in her hair, but she just laughed and said she deserved it. (And she did!)

Jessica said...

Cool sock!

Cathy said...


i love your chicken. he/she has quite the attitude. i made my first sock earlier this year, and haven't stopped. they are addicting to make.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on the chickens!
However, the sock has a long way to go! LOL Your photo made me laugh!

Dar said...

Chicken looks good! Ha ha, your little tooties will not stay warm with that size sock. I like your sock yarn. Maybe soon I'll try to knit socks again. I've put it on the back burner for now, way, way BACK on that burner.

Kate said...

The chickens are looking good, love your feathered quilting for those.