Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Little of This and a Little of That


This is the first of Esther Aliu's Vases BOM.  It took me quite a while to put this together but now I need to put it into a block.  This one is called Thursday's Vase.  I also have the pattern for Monday's Vase.  And, yes, she is not going in order so I probably will be totally confused by the time they all get here.



These are the outlines for a Morning Glory applique.  The bottom one is appliqued on top of the top one and I am going to try needle turn, by machine, applique using pieces of as many batiks as I can.  But I probably won't start this until after the first of the year as I have so many other things to do.



I did start a new sweater today.  I know, I know, I haven't finished the one I am currently working on but this one is a Craftsy KAL and I am already two lessons behind.  So I decided to do the gauge swatch, which also is the lining for a pocket.  And, of course, I am doing the lining for both pockets, at the same time.  This yarn is so soft that it will be hard to go back to any other knitting project. 

Oh, and don't pay any attention to the sweater picture, my printer is going through an identity crisis.   The yarn is mostly white with flecks of many other colors.  This will be a beautiful sweater, whenever I get it done. 


Hi there.

This is how I look when I am leaving the studio with a sense of accomplishment.  Have a great week!

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I love your fabric choices for your vase.

Bonnie said...

Nice looking sweater! Or at least it will be in the real world instead of the print version. What's it with printers these days? Mine wouldn't print today. Bummer.

Lynette said...

I absolutely love your use of that embroidered fabric in your flowers. And that funky striping on the sweater pic looks really cool, actually. I was wondering how you did that. ;D

Angie in SoCal said...

Nice happy smile. Love your vase.