Thursday, November 6, 2008

Views of the Past

I am sewing and embroidering but nothing I can show right now, so I thought I would dredge up one of my older masterpieces to show.


This is done with swap blocks from my quilt guild. It was one where I suggested the design for the blocks and everyone was to use blue, yellow and white. The blocks were beautiful and I had told everyone I wanted them so when we drew for them, I won. Of course, like everyone else, they sat on a shelf for a while before I decided what to do with them. This is quite traditional but the first time I used a border fabric so I was trying something new.


I quilted circular feathers in the white spaces and meandered around them. The label is embroidered. I had planned to use this in the kitchen, perhaps on the table, but the yellow in there is more of a mustard color so it now graces my studio recliner.

I think I am coming down with a cold: frequent weather changes lately. Although I always have lots to do, I don't much feel like doing anything so I have been embroidering a little and sitting a little. And now, maybe I'll nap a little.

4 comments:

pollyanna said...

I have been having a little dry spell myself. I am doing a little needle-turn while I am watching Jeopardy--I can get about one-one and a half finished before the end. The patterns are small LOL This "old masterpeice" is gorgeous. I love yellow and blue together!

Finn said...

Hi Gari, I wanted to pop over and thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. You are totally on the right track with pre-finish dating your projects. I get into trouble when I hit a snag like not deciding what the border will be, or running out of one fabric. Also, my attention span for staying on task is very short. I lack discipline, and am working on that one...finally! Your T quilt is lovely. Hugs, Finn

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful quilt! I made a T quilt out of Civil War reproduction fabrics for my Grandpa a few years ago. Yours is such a wonderful version of the classic T. x

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hi Gari, Nice of you to visit me! I absolutely love the sashing/border fabric for your T blocks. I also like how the owl helped you take pics of your quilt outside the other day too :^) Cheers, QGB