Friday, April 10, 2009




Isn’t this looking good?



















I have gotten the first and second borders on and I am loving how it is looking.




The name for the quilt is “All That Jazz” and the instrument and piano keys fabrics are perfect for it. One more border and this top will be done.






This is the fabric that I have planned for the final border.
I love the contrast between the straight lines of the log cabin and the curves of the cathedral windows print.




I have been trying to quilt on the Spring Garden quilt but am having trouble with the monofilament thread. The first day it worked like a dream but since then it has been frequently breaking. I have tried everything I can think of but will keep trying. This thread has worked perfectly in the past so I know there is something I am doing wrong, I just can’t figure out what. Fortunately, I have other projects to fall back on but someday I will need to get this quilted so I can get on to the others.


Oh, and the most important thing. I recently won a giveaway from Terri at Purple and Paisley: a hand crocheted pot holder.
Isn’t it beautiful? I used to crochet but couldn’t figure out how this one is done. It is too pretty to use as a pot holder but it will really look good as a kitchen decoration, especially in my yellow kitchen. Terri also sent two patterns: one 5 yard quilt and a mini bag. Thanks, again, Terri.


I hope everyone has a good Easter weekend. Ours will be quiet as our only local child will be working all weekend. I thought about haven’t an Easter egg hunt with the puppies (using milk bones, of course) but we probably won’t try to do that. Eric says that only one of the dogs, Abby, would find all of them while the other two wandered around wondering what we were doing. ;-)