This is made with the quilted fabric from my practice with my first panto. Doesn’t it look like I planned it? I am going to an EQ6 class on Friday and will be trying this out. I wonder if having a wonderful, quilted notebook cover will help me to learn.
I also got a quilt on the frame.
This was a BOM in 2005 and I got the top put together in January 2006. And then, nothing. Once again, I was afraid to try to quilt it because I didn’t know what to do. It is a sampler with patchwork and appliqué.
I have started quilting: did ½ of the top border. I am doing a long feather but no one will be able to see it because the border fabric is busy and I am quilting with white thread. The feathers are for practice as I still have trouble keeping them in scale. Maybe I will be better by the time I get done.
Because of the differences in the blocks I will be deciding as I go and I think I will do cross hatching on the squares blocks. Because I can’t seem to work on just one thing at a time, I may be working on this for a while. Since it is now April, I have three online BOMs to do as well as two local BOMs. I just realized that at the end of the year I will have 5 UFOs just from the BOMs so I guess I will have to join another UFO/PRIM completion challenge.