Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monday, Monday

Monday was a great day, I got several blocks quilted on the quilt under the title of this blog. I had planned to do an overall, edge to edge, panto on it but when I got it out of storage and looked at it, there was no way. So I have been “forced” to plan a custom design for each block. This is really testing my skills. In order to show what I have done I have had to get down on the floor (remember, I am old) and shoot up from under the quilt frame. Down was not too bad, up was a little more difficult.

I started with the checker board blocks doing leaves and flowers in alternating blocks. I did SID outlining the block and then the pattern.

I did all 8 checker boards and then moved on to the poinsettia block. I had drawn it out first:

and then quilted. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

I have started on the tulip block but have not finished it yet, I had to leave for WW.

Today is the day I have to finish our taxes, tradition, so I don’t know if I will get back to the studio, or if I will be in any mood for it. LOL Wish me luck!


QuiltedSimple said...

Your quilting is LOVELY! Great job! Good luck on the taxes,

karenfae said...

you sound as bad as we are - I just got our taxes in the mail today - file on the computer but we always seem to owe some to the state and wait until the last minute to pay them.

Pat said...

WONDERFUL quilting, Gari!

Gretchen said...

Your quilting is GREAT, FABULOUS, and WONDERFUL!

loulee said...

Wow! Beautiful quilting.

Miri said...

The quilting is beautiful...really enhances the blocks!

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

It's always nice to see the process unfold. I love the top in your banner photo too.