Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What fool decided……..


to make 3” Drunkard’s Path blocks? Me, that’s who. And how many do I have to make, a little over 100. And all of this because I just had to design my own quilt rather than copy one in the book. Oh, my. The first picture is of the template I bought to make these little blocks. It comes with great instructions and since both parts are in one piece, I was really grateful for them.






This is how my sewing table has looked for the last couple of days. I make four at a time and then put them on the design wall so I can see how it is looking.





This is how many I have completed so far. I think I have that many again to make. For some reason I can’t find the design I drew so I am having to guess until I either find it or draw it again (oh, my).





I did get the outer borders on the DNP comfort quilt so it is ready to quilt whenever the frame is empty.




And I just had to share pictures of my puppy, Abby.


This first one is of her barking furiously at the cat that insists on walking through our back yard, daily. Abby has been so happy since I moved the couch to the window: it affords her such a good view. But when I called to her, several times, this was the look I got:






Can’t you just hear her saying “What?”





10 comments:

Pat said...

Abby does wonder why in the world you are calling her name.....LOL

That quilt you are doing is a LOT of work!!!lobande

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that dog! I love the drunkards path quilt, although i don't think I would tackle it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have made several Drunkard Path quilt's a challenge.
love the dog!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Joanne Lendaro said...

I'm happy to see that I am not the only one who pulls stunts like this!! lol!! Good Luck!

Jan said...

Love your dog---she must have quite a personality! The Drunkard's Path will be beautiful!

Zlaty said...

Your blocks are so pretty! Hard but worthy!

Happy sewing!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

100 drunkards path blocks!! Oh my gosh!!!
Abby is looking at you and saying, don't you have something better to do???? Like making those blocks!! Leave me to barking at the cat! hee,hee,hee.! This was great Gari!
yf,
shell

Jessica said...

She learned that look from Ponce. I get it all the time.

Judy D in WA said...

Love the look of your DP, I think they are so fun to do! Abby is adorable.

quiltmom anna said...

Gari,
It will be a lovely quilt when its done- it will be worth it- and look how much you have completed already.

Regards,
Anna