Monday, February 1, 2010

Design Wall Monday






Two finishes in January has allowed me to begin new and old projects.


On the center of the design wall is a new project. The strips will be the beginning of a bright quilt based on Judy’s Peaches & Dreams pattern. I am making some changes in the pattern to accommodate the 2.5” strips I have in my stash.

To the right of the strips is my feathered star. It has been in the same place on the wall for 18 months so I am including it to see if I can get it moving.




To the left of the strips is the UFO I will be completing.

The center square is the prototype block that will be the alternate block between the Christmas Swap blocks I have had sitting around for about a year. I had another plan for the blocks but I just couldn’t get excited about it. Then this week I was putting away the blue fabric that had been used as a backing for Flight School and I had this idea. I think this is going to go well and when the blocks are all together I will begin looking for border fabric.



















That’s one new project and two UFOs. In addition I will be working on my Eleanor Burns Sampler Quilt (sashing blocks and appliqué) and 2 other new quilts that I have only begun to think about. Funny thing, in January I was having difficulty getting excited about any new projects but one completion and I seem to be off and running.



And one other reason I have been recently inspired is that I won a giveaway at Morning Glory Designs.

Reese send me these three fat quarters and aren’t they lovely? I am keeping them out on a table for now to see if they want to play with anything I already have.

Be sure to drop by Judy’s blog to see what others are working on. Just make sure you have some time as there will be a lot of eye candy to look at.

7 comments:

Pat said...

I like that little blue winter scene in the middle of that block....good idea!

Diane said...

I like your center for the 9-patch too, amazing how changing one element adds so much!

Quilter Kathy said...

I like the feathered star...I always wanted to make one.
Look forward to seeing what those strips will become.

Jessica said...

I am *so* in love with those fabrics you won! Absolutely gorgeous!

Judy D in WA said...

Oh, the feathered star is beautiful. I want to make 1 block and make a pillow, just so I can say I made one. ;-)
I love the bright strips, they will make a happy quilt.
Your gorgeous FQs made me think of a bag pattern I have out.
http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/products/item/Claire_Handbag/295/c50

Miri said...

The fabrics you won are wonderful...very interesting colors and designs.

You are totally putting me to shame...you've had a great January-lots of finishes and new projects started...I've been so stuck!

quiltingnana said...

I'm sure the small blocks will work out...the others that you posted are great