Looky, looky, the chickens have a home. This is the center of the quilt (layout plan shown here). I had not sewn partial seams in some time but it was quite easy and this top went together very quickly.
While I was sewing this together I spotted the fabric hanging to the right. I immediately thought of using it as the second border. I could see it as “the grass is greener on the other side of the fence”. However, I don’t like the look so I will be saving that fabric for another day.
Over the weekend I finished the backing for this comfort quilt and it will be loaded on the frame today. I am going to use it to practice some freemotion quilting while viewing the Craftsy quilting class.
The last thing I got done was prepping these two FatCat BOMs. I windowed most of the pieces so it kind of looks like paper spaghetti. I have not figured out the fabrics for either one but that will be part of the fun this week.
And then, of course, I still have the Teapot BOM to do and the last block for the Carol Doak BOM mystery.
And, oh, I have a girls day out with my daughter on Thursday. We are going shopping to celebrate her new job and buying birthday gifts for both of our husbands. Gee, this is going to be a busy week.
But, as you can see, there will be rest times and boy do we have the quilts for that. Yea!