Sunday, July 20, 2014

Branches and other Projects

limb sashing stripsAfter completing several projects with deadlines I was ready to begin working on my owl quilt which is still on the design wall.  One problem came up: I couldn’t find my tree fabric.  I remembered folding it up and putting it away but I couldn’t remember where that away was.  It only took me two days of looking before I found it staring at me, right on the shelf across from my studio knitting chair.  So I now can present my incomplete sashing strips for the second block.

 

sashing tryoutHere you can get kind of an idea how this block will look.  I don’t want the sashings to all look alike so this set is using single branches.
Tomorrow I am going shopping with my daughter so these strips will not get sewn until Tuesday.  I am planning on working one block a day but we will see how that goes. 



















owl fleese throwThe reason I can’t count on getting one block a day done is that I tend to get sidetracked.  Case in point, this fleece throw I threw together yesterday. 


















& the backIt is two pieces of fleece and looks great as a recliner cover in our living room.  I just needed something more to identify my little corner of DH’s B Western Cowboy museum room.  And, already the puppies have claimed it as their sleeping place.










DONEI did complete this quilt and it has already been gifted.




















DONE 2I love the binding, I think it really pulls the quilt together. 






















Recieving blanketAnd I made two more receiving blankets.  I was really on a roll, wasn’t I?     





















owl recieving blanketSo I guess that’s about all from here.  I will be linking up with Patchwork Times and What a Hoot so drop by and check out the creativity.    Gari

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Busy gal! I wanna know what's in your cup to give you so much energy!

Judy D in WA said...

That header picture!!! OMG she is adorable! Every time it makes me smile!
LOVE the branches. Such a clever sashing you came up with.
You have been very busy. Hope you have a fun shopping day.

Libby in TN said...

Wow, you have been busy. I sense that you like owls! That sashing fabric is perfect. Like you, I lose stuff right in front of my face all the time. I find relaxing with a glass of wine brings the mess into focus.

Bonnie said...

You put me to shame with all you've gotten done. I'll just say I wasn't home all that much this week. You are definitely on an Owl kick. The baby quilt turned out great. And, slow and steady always does it for me.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your owls are going to be great. You've got a lot done.