Sunday, July 27, 2014

Owl Blocks Progress

sewn togetherProgress: one sixth of my owl quilt is sewn together.  I want the blocks to not all look alike so I am trying to sash some, not sash some and vary the sashing some. 

















IMG_3646I worked on this block today but is not complete: I still need to applique down the branches at the corners.



























IMG_3645I am beginning to see this beautiful quilt come together and it really gets me excited. 













IMG_3644Well, I’m excited until I look up on the wall and see how much there is left to do.  I will probably get the two little ones on the top right done this week.  Then I will sew those three together and the whole top will be done.  Check back next week and see how I do.  Disappointed smile



















Waunita's cloths pinsNow I am taking the opportunity to share some creativity of my sisters.  She has been painting: benches, cabinets, and clothes pins.  And she gifted me with these 4.  They are painted green and then she decoupaged scrapbook paper on the front of them.  Aren’t they pretty?  My plan for them is to use them to hold notes on my ongoing projects.  I just need to figure out how and where I want them to hang.
















with first receiving blanketIt was nice to see one of my receiving blankets being used.  I’m sure the he is really enjoying it and has already told his parents how much he loves it.  Be right back




























new big girl bedAnd because of the new arrival, our cover/header girl has gotten a “big girl” bed.  Of course I am happy to see that she, too, will be sleeping under a quilt made by ME.  I do love to see my work being loved and used.







Well, that’s all from here.  Hope everyone has a great week.  I will, as usual, be linking to Patchwork Times.  GARI

6 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

So exciting to watch you as you work on this quilt.
Love the clothespins turned into pretty clips! And those grands with their quilts!!! Melts the heart!

Bonnie said...

Another great post. The owls are making progress. Slow and steady does work! (Notice I haven't mentioned the bom I was going to do for months!) I'm sure your new grandson was saying all that to his mom and dad plus how much he loves his generous grandma! Enjoy your week.

Nann said...

Cute! That refers to the owls, the clothespins, and the kids!

Rhonda said...

What a pretty little girl she is too.
Gari, your owls are amazing and the tree bark/branch fabric you are using is perfect!!! Great job....keep going cause that quilt is going to be outstanding!!!!!

Ramona said...

Your owls are coming together! I love the branch fabric with them. So much fun! It is nice to see our quilts and blankets being used, especially by such precious little ones.

Kate said...

The Owl Quilt is looking great!