Monday, July 14, 2014

Quilts in Process

quilting finishedThis has been a pretty productive week.  This Owl D9P has been quilted.  I would quilt a row and then go knit.  However, by the time I got to the end I was up to two rows at a time.



























I finished embroidering the label and have sewn the binding to the front. 

Isn’t that owl cute?







9 patch owlI also got the owl 9 patch put together and ready for quilting.  I will be using the same Minkie and, in fact, I already have it on the frame.  I put the whole 3 yards on the frame before I started quilting the D9P so I just have to reattach the top of the leftover part and off I will be going, again.  Yea!!










30s out againAnd I even decided on my next baby quilt.  I have this bin of 30s  scraps that I have been trying to figure out how to use up (not my favorite type of fabric).  So I have a plan and will begin working on it this week.





I did not do any work on the big owl quilt but will be working on it side by side with these other three.

I get a lot of comments on how much I get done.  I do want to say that it takes me a lot longer these days to complete anything because I have to take rest brakes quite frequently.  I do try to knit while resting but sometimes even that is too much.  I have found that at least twice a week I now get/have to take naps (the puppies love that).  All that being said, I need to say that I am so grateful that I am able to work/play in my studio and knit everywhere.  God has been very good to me.

I am linking up with Patchwork Times so I can share the creativity of many other quilters.  Have a GREAT week.
Gari

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Gari -- great post this week. I'm slightly younger and I enjoy my naps way too much. I tend to work 45 minutes and read 15, um, er well 30 or 40 or? minutes! You have gotten a lot done so far this week though. I've recently gotten some baby quilt fabric to make into 3 quilts and will put the backing on all at once too. I wasn't smart when I bought it so I might run out before the last one. Both owl quilts are very cute. Some lucky baby will love having them.

Kate said...

You did get a lot done. Naps can not be underrated in m opinion. I wish we could take 30 minute power naps at work right after lunch. I'm sure I'd be more productive if we could.

Both owl quilts look great. I'm not overly found of the 30's style fabric either. I have a bunch of red and blue scraps. Those may make it into a quilt of valor some day.

Jasper's Cottage said...

wow, I love the bin of 1930s scraps, they would make such a beautiful quilt for someone who loves repro fabric and pastels.