Monday, July 27, 2009

Bye Bye Beach




It was with deep regret that we packed up late Sunday afternoon and headed away from the beach and back home. It was kind of funny because I when leaving home for the beach I had regretted leaving the quilting I really wanted to do and now I was regretting heading home. I guess I just can’t be satisfied. However look how rested I looked at the beach.



This morning I was up and ready to get back to quilting. After a good cup of coffee and breakfast, I was off to the studio. I sewed the two parts of the backing together and appliquéd the label to the back. Once that was done it was time to load the quilt onto the frame. Sometimes I forget how many steps there are to that but eventually everything was set and I was ready to quilt.


However, before I could get started DH called and invited me to lunch (Taco Bell). Well who could resist that? So, off I went.


The panto I am using is Siberian Iris from
Urbanelementz.



After some auditioning, I decided on a lavender thread for the top: I want it to be seen but not to take attention from the fabric and piecing. All was going well until about 6 when I found that I had quilted a half of a row without any bobbin thread. At that point I decided it was time to rest and head for the house for some food, TV, and blogging.










5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that fabric! Sounds like you had a good trip.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

I love that quilt and fabric........glad you had a good rested trip. What does DH stand for?

Twisted Quilts said...

Your fabric is fabulous and I love the lavender thread with it. Glad you enjoyed the beach.

Pat said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!!! LOVE the beach photo of you.

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the fabric - cannot wait to see the finished quilt. And looks like you had an awesome time at the beach.....i'm trying to catch up.
Kris