Thursday, August 30, 2012

Little by Little

It is really funny that with all of my days mine to do with what I want, I still am not getting much done.  Of course I am spending a lot of time on this computer, trying to catch up on my blog reading and I have started reading a new book.  Then there is time in the pool, out to lunch with DH every day, and even a little housework (very little so far).  So my sewing time has been only a little over an hour a day.

However I did get one thing done:  my Color Challenge for August.
August Color Challenge 2
It is another Mug Rug to sit next to my Lazyboy: I now have 3.  It could have been a potholder except I didn’t put the insulating batting in it.







quilted
I did the birthing method and then chose a very simple quilting pattern.








August Color Challenge 3
These were the colors as presented by Vickie.  I told her these were so not my colors and it has been very hard for me to think of anything to make with them.  And then, it was very hard to find fabrics in my stash that would go with the challenge.  But at the last minute I decided to do a small rail fence mug rug and it came together quickly.  I made enough rails to make this rug reversible so when it gets soiled I will only have to turn it over.  Be right back 



teapot 1
And, because I don’t know what I am doing, I decided to start a new project.  This is the first teapot block from Rhonda.  When she first wrote she was going to do this one I decided I wanted to do it, too, as a replacement wall hanging in my dining room. 



coffee with friends 2006-7
This is the quilt that has been hanging there.  It is called Coffee With Friends and was made with the fat quarters I received from my FL guild members when we moved back to AL in 2006.  I love this little quilt but I also think it is now time for it to allow something to begin the rotation process.




And now it is time for me to get off this computer and get something done.  The dishes are calling me and then it is off to the studio to work on Christmas gifts.  Yea!

4 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Cute little mug rug! I love that it's reversible. The teapot is fun as are the cups. I have a stack of cups that need to be made into something. Just the push I needed. :)

Vicki W said...

You did it! Do you like the colors any better now?

cajunquilter said...

Oh I so need to make some mug rugs! It would really make things easier here as hubby ALWAYS has a cup of coffee next to him. Hmmm, now to find ideas of how to make them lol.
Thanks btw for adding another idea I just have to try roflol.

Kate said...

Cute mug rug, gorgeous first block for your new project.