Monday, December 31, 2012

Go Cats

Bonnie Hunter is breaking her Friday mold and putting out the next step for the Easy Street Mystery Quilt this morning.  And me?  I will be on the road to Jacksonville, FL for the Gator Bowl tomorrow.  DH is a Northwestern grad and if his team gets a bowl bid, and if it is within 500 miles (east, west, or south) then we try to go.  So, go Cats!!



004
I did get Step 5 of Easy Street done and all my pieces are packed up in a box, ready for the next step.  I am like most people I am hoping that we will start putting some of these little pieces together and thus start to get an idea of where this mystery is going.  However, by the time I get back in the studio on Wednesday, I will be behind and will have some real sewing to do to get caught up again.



 


006My design wall has those Funky Chickens on it again.  I am trying to figure out a nontraditional setting for them so up on the wall they are going again.  I still needed to take the stabilizer off the back of each block so they are going on the wall as this is done.  As you can see, there are still 4 more blocks to go in this process.

I also have 4 of the 5 teapots on the wall.  They have been stitched (see previous post)/ appliqued.  I am using the button-hole stitch and various thread colors.  And I really think the stitching is making them look even better.




005This is on my Design Cutting Table.  It is the January block in the Carol Doak Mystery BOM.  January? you say.  Well, she figured that some people would have time to sew while their husbands were watching football so she gave it to us early.  I, of course, will be watching football with my husband (see above) so yesterday afternoon I knocked this out.  I have to admit that the four quadrants are not sewn together yet but I think they look pretty good just pushed together, don’t you? 
 



And one more thing:  003
This is my new toy.  It is a Windows tablet that I got so I can draw in EQ7 using a pen rather than a mouse.  Of course it has Windows 8 so we now have two learning curves all at the same time but I’m up for it……I hope.  Rolling on the floor laughing

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year’s Eve and a restful and possibly productive New Years Day.  I’ll be thinking of you all and your sewing machines. 

              GO CATS!!


Linking with Patchwork Times, What a Hoot Quilts, and Quiltville.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi there. You have been busy! Glad you're getting a little time off. I see the teapots are coming along and love the hunky chickens. Take care and Happy New Year!!

Lynette said...

Wow! That Carol Doak block is gorgeous in those fabrics!! And I really, REALLY need to put together my design wall. . .

Kate said...

Love all your applique blocks. The chickens are fun and the teapots are gorgeous.

Enjoy your football game. Hopefully you'll have nice weather.

Jill said...

The chickens and tea pots are looking good :) Beautiful fabrics for Carol Doak BOM. Enjoy the game!

~Kris~ said...

Love your mystery block. The colors are really pretty.

Sue Daurio said...

I'm trying to catch up on the Easy Street, almost there. I adore your funky chickens, they are really something. Hope you have a Happy New Year!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, I like that Carol Doak block - I am a member of her group but haven't gotten notices for a while. I might have to make that one!