Friday, May 15, 2009

Busy, Busy

No, I haven’t started quilting again but yesterday I did get the melon templates from Kimmy. I ordered them on 5/12 and they were here on 5/14. AND, she lowered the postage charge so I saved about $10. That is really service, isn’t it. Tomorrow I will do a little practicing with the templates and then get busy, again, on quilting the quilt.

But I have been busy. I walked into the studio on Wednesday and just had to make something new. I have only made one purse, the Smart Bag, and didn’t enjoy doing it but with all the purses and bags out there I decided I wanted one, too. I took these batik strips down













and along with some other batiks, and started cutting and sewing. And look what I came out with today:






I would love to tell you how I did this but I was totally flying by the seat of my pants.

I did take a break from sewing this to have my daughter over for lunch on Thursday. I have been wanting to get a picture of her in her nursing student scrubs and she obliged me.
I am so very proud of her. She has finished the semester and will be on the Dean’s list. She has two weeks off and then Summer semester begins. I hope this smile continues as I remember being an adult and married college student.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am a married college student with a child. It's tough. I just finished some classes a week ago and am off till July. Your daughter looks great and happy.

Pat said...

I was going to college when married and a young mom. I often think the older (I mean....more MATURE) students do better. They understand the importance of it more than many of the "kids" who go right out of high school. I juggled housework and homework while caring for a toddler and managed to take 21 credits my last semester AND graduate with highest honors.....something I probably wouldn't have done right out of high school. Congrats to your daughter for making Dean's List. She looks really cute in the scrubs, too!

Lurline said...

Very best wishes to your beautiful daughter!
Hugs - Lurline♥

jovaliquilts said...

Such great fabrics in that purse, and I love the bargello-like style. And you made that up as you went? Wow!
Congrats to your daughter!

Gene Black said...

I like the bag....seat of the pants creativity is my normal mode.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those bags and very pretty daughter!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Joyce said...

You're doing better than I am. My daughter started wearing her scrubs for dental school this fall, and so far I've not been able to snap a picture of her. Maybe before she graduates, if I'm lucky. We are very proud of her too.