Sunday, May 3, 2009

Working Weekend

I will blog while a thunderstorm passes over here. This is the first rain we have had for a couple of weeks so even with the wind and noise, it is welcome.

This has been a productive weekend. As noted below, the quilting on Spring Garden is done. Also done is the binding (same as the border) and I appliquéd down the stretched fabric that turned into tucks on the back. The quilt has been washed and right now is in the dryer. I can hardly wait to see how it looks but am, as always, a little fearful.

edit: all done and looking good on my bed. Yippie! I’ll try to get a label on before the end of the month.

















Also this weekend I completed the April strips for the calendar quilt challenge: I was only 2 days behind.

I have strips cut for some of May: I am trying to include some from current projects and, if I have them, strips from past, pre-blog, projects.


I have a gift quilt top and back(cannot show yet) ready to load on the frame and I have the fussy cut borders cut for the black and white and hope to get them sewn on tomorrow.

It has been different in the studio. I don’t allow my dogs in there: Abby is still a puppy and the other two aren’t interested. But Ponce follows me over there and then stands outside, staring at the door. So this morning I decided to take him with me. In he walked in and started checking out the work in process.














But after a little while he got right to work.












And pretty soon he was fully involved in canine quilting.

Isn’t it fun to have a quilting buddy?

4 comments:

Pat said...

I can see Ponce does a wonderful job at canine quilting!!! (Were your other pups jealous that he got to enter the "sanctuary" and they aren't allowed there?)

QuiltedSimple said...

The quilt is so lovely on your bed!!! And Ponce is a great quilter.
Kris

Browndirtcottage said...

Yes...that quilt is looking soo fine on your bed....nice dog...(pat..pat)..nice doggy

Gretchen said...

Great sampler quilt! How wonderful to have it finished and on the bed. Ponce is just the cutest quilting helper. He's doing a great job!!!