Next I decided to start on a block swap I am doing with an embroidery site, Nita’s Place. This will be the third swap I have done with them. We make 12, or more, blocks with an embroidery placed in the middle of the blocks. The block we are using is Contrary Wife from Quilters Cache and our blocks are supposed to be in autumn colors with a cream center. And the embroidery design is supplied by Nita O’Keefe. Anyway, since I will be gone for a week I decided the best thing for me to do was to start now. I pulled out some 4” Thangles that I had been given and got all the half square triangles done and put the non-embroidered rows together.
And this is kind of what the block will look like: imagine an embroidery design in the middle.
After getting these blocks as far along as I could I remembered a BOM from last year that I didn’t quite finish. So I pulled it out and did the last block. This was a Thangles BOM that I found quite boring. Every month it was the same thing, do some half square triangles, cut some little squares and put them together: no challenge. You can tell this by this picture.
I had planned a couple of layouts for these little squares so I decided that my UFO for August is going to be getting these set and a top done.
I also started a new project but it is one of those that I can’t show until it is done and gifted. All the fabric is chosen and I did start the cutting. It will be pretty easy so I hope to have it done by the end of the month.