Friday, January 29, 2010




Another completion for January. I started sewing strips together last year and sewed until I had about 10’ of strips.






Wednesday I put it on the frame





and Thursday I quilted it






and sewed the binding on 2 placemats. Today bound the table runner (picture on Monday) and now I just have two more placemats to bind. I was really surprised at how much I got out of that strip.







I also finished this baby quilt top.


The outside border is fabric I bought on a whim and it didn’t match anything. However, there is brown and lime green in the Moda charm squares and as borders I think they make the quilt a little less babyish.












Nothing else going on here except the anticipation of cooler weather, again.

6 comments:

Lurline said...

Looking wonderful, plenty of eye candy going on there!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Pat said...

WOW...what a wealth of fabrics in that long "strip".

quiltingnana said...

the binding really sets off the quilt...love the strip project too

loulee said...

Lovin' those strippy runner and placemats.

Gina said...

Love the fabric you used for the border of the quilt. It really sets off the centre squares

Love and hugs Gina xxx

AnnieO said...

Very fun placemats--you get to enjoy a quilt at every meal!