Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Been a little Quiltin' goin' on

I got this quilt quilted but haven’t bound it yet. I just can’t decide what fabric to use for the binding. I’m not in a hurry since I know of no babies in the near future but I really like to see my quilts getting done.



And, I finally have started putting the Eleanor BOM blocks together (I really need to come up with a better name for this quilt).

I have sewn the vertical rows and now need to sew them together. I cut the blue center border but haven’t done any sewing on them. And I included one of the appliqué borders: it really looks naked with just the narrow stem on it. Then outside that will come the piano key border. Wow, that is sure a lot of work, isn’t it?

We were having warmer weather but today it was cook, windy and some rain. Good sewing weather but not much good for anything else.


Wilma NC said...

Very pretty quilts. You have been busy!!

karenfae said...

I love patchwork - good job. I always like to get the quilts done too.

Jessica said...

Love the Eleanor BOM quilt. It's so whimsical. Like a Dr. Seuss book. It's so gorgeous up here! Wish you could come visit. Ponsicola misses his grandparents!

Pat said...

Love the baby quilt AND the Eleanor quilt, too!!!