Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Been a little Quiltin' goin' on





I got this quilt quilted but haven’t bound it yet. I just can’t decide what fabric to use for the binding. I’m not in a hurry since I know of no babies in the near future but I really like to see my quilts getting done.
















Front













Back






And, I finally have started putting the Eleanor BOM blocks together (I really need to come up with a better name for this quilt).

I have sewn the vertical rows and now need to sew them together. I cut the blue center border but haven’t done any sewing on them. And I included one of the appliqué borders: it really looks naked with just the narrow stem on it. Then outside that will come the piano key border. Wow, that is sure a lot of work, isn’t it?

We were having warmer weather but today it was cook, windy and some rain. Good sewing weather but not much good for anything else.


4 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

Very pretty quilts. You have been busy!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love patchwork - good job. I always like to get the quilts done too.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jessica said...

Love the Eleanor BOM quilt. It's so whimsical. Like a Dr. Seuss book. It's so gorgeous up here! Wish you could come visit. Ponsicola misses his grandparents!

Pat said...

Love the baby quilt AND the Eleanor quilt, too!!!