This was a week a quite a lot of sewing, in small spirts, and quite a lot of computer work, also in small spirts. Almost every day I spent between 1-2 hours working on the new Generations program, learning more and more about digitizing machine embroidery. Between the in person class (3/6), the CD lessons we took home, and the written lessons we were also given, I have been able to figure out most things. Now that is not saying that my efforts are looking good, just that I am getting some of the techniques down. I am trying to spend 1-2 hours a day doing this and am limiting my time so I don’t get too frustrated and quit.
And I did get some quilting done, well actually I got some sewing done.
I finished the top of a comfort quilt.Isn’t it nice? I have kept it on the design wall just because I love the colors. Unfortunately, it will have to come down today because I also have been getting sewing done on the Egg Money sampler quilt. I sewed lots of the DP blocks together to make sashing halves and there, on the design wall with Purple Rails you can see the strips hung together to form what will be the vertical sashing between the sampler blocks.
Here they are half sewn, ready to press and then they were sewn together. What I learned in this process is that it was better to not repress the seam allowances of the quarter circles so they would nest as they didn’t stay nested very well. Instead it worked better to butt them together and pin the seams. That way I had perfect circles.
I think I have sewn all the strips for the piano keys but will have to wait until we see how big this quilt actually turns out to be. And lastly, I also sewed some of the bias stem fabric so I can start working on that border, too. I have never done an appliquéd border so am a little intimidated by how to make sure the stems meet but somehow I will figure it out, I hope, I hope.
Here is the first border with the stem partially sewn on.
And here are the rest of the stem fabric, some ready to go and some ready to be made.
Now all I have to do is get this thing all together.