My design wall has not changed since last Wednesday. These are the 16 patch squares I am making out of 30’s scraps. I have also sewn about 15 2” double strips to make more and have cut them into 2” sets but that’s as far as I have gotten.
And this is as far as I have gotten on Block 3a for Heart’s Desire. I have all the pieces ready to fuse but then I will have to do it over again three times. This is a very complex, for me, applique piece.
The reason I haven’t gotten any more done is that my Railz and Edgrider wheels (Urban Elementz) for the HQ came on Friday: I almost kissed the Fed Ex man. So on Saturday DH and I put the wheels on the machine and the track on the frame.
Here is the machine with it’s new wheels. And you can see the track under the carriage.
And here is the wheel behind the stitch regulator. The funny thing is that the stitch regulator is now working better than ever.
So, of course, I had to quickly load (Red Snappers) the comfort quilt I had been saving and try it out. I was amazed at what an improvement I had in control.
I used a panto and it was ever so easy to stay on the lines, much more than before.
And the quilt is quilted. I still need to make a binding but that will wait until the weekend.
Between the Red Snappers and the Railz/Edgeriders, I was a happy quilter Sunday.
Be sure to check out Judy’s blog for more inspirations.