Monday, January 4, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Here it is Jan 4 and I am behind already. Now it is not my fault…….

On the right you can see the fabric I cut for the NYD mystery quilt class with Cindy Roth of Longarm U. She gave us a simple quilt top pattern and we were to have it completed and on the quilt frame, ready to quilt. I, of course, was in Tampa, 450 miles from my frame, so I couldn’t participate on that day. And, of course again, I didn’t have time to even put the top together so I couldn’t even start on the quilting. I took this picture Sunday morning and then started sewing. I hope next week I will be able to show the completed quilt.


On the left of the wall is a paper piecing pattern I bought the first year I was quilting (2002). I love owls so I thought I would love doing the pattern but when I got it home and took it out of the package I was shocked to find that some of the pieces were ¼” square. Well, I folded up the pattern and there it stayed until I was cleaning the studio last week. I have decided that I am going to try to make this pattern this year, a little at a time. It will all go in a bin and I will try to work a little on it every week and we will see how I do.

No pictures of me today. I still look like someone socked me in both of my eyes and I have gotten tired of looking at them. But I did want to share this photo.




Today DH brought home chicken and Abby was doing her best to encourage him to share. Isn’t she cute? And, too bad, it didn’t do any good.












9 comments:

Pat said...

Abby is very cute!! Don't be scared of tiny pieces in your pattern...with paper-piecing, they are a cinch!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good luck with the paper piecing - not my favorite but it usually does small pieces well.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Judy D in WA said...

Your owl is going to be great. I think we all need to work on a challenge once in a while. I just read about your fall.....oh my, I hope you are healing ok. Abby is a shameless little beggar, isn't she??? I have 3 of them-1 small, 2 big ones.

SpinningStar said...

I agree that the owl will be a good challenge - tiny steps with tiny pieces!

Liz

Jan said...

Good luck with your paper-pieced owl---slow and steady wins the race! Your Abby is a cutie! Hope youe face is better today, although it may take awhile to get back to normal!!! Happy New Year!

Quilter Kathy said...

That owl pattern looks like a doozy! But one piece at a time will get it done!
Abby is adorable!

Dianne B. in England said...

Your owl pattern looks very interesting -- hope you have fun with that. Your little dog is cute, too! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Church's Chicken - one of my favorites! We don't have any around here though :(

Browndirtcottage said...

Girl...you better get to it!!!
Tomorrow is already the 6th!!! HA!