Tuesday, November 4, 2008

With no one home to hold the quilt up it was a little difficult to get pictures but here they are:
Front and Back


The quilt had gotten a little dark with the outside border but just adding the light binding decreased that effect. I figure that it will not get too dirty since it will only come out to play for one month a year. The back is left over fabric from this quilt and an internet Christmas quilt block swap I did this spring/summer. Those blocks have not been put together but I already had fabric for the back of it so I could use this. I'm not part of stashbusters (I do love buying fabric) but I have been trying to use as much of my stash as possible:

crowded shelves.

Today I am working on birthday gifts and a log cabin block for a guild swap. Right now I was going to make my bed but the dogs are already asleep on it so that will have to wait until later. I am also going to try to practice some of the quilt designs in Dawn Ramirez's Pajama Quilter Reloaded DVD I

just got. I loved watching it but now it is time to practice. She already taught me how "pebbling" is done so now it is time to

see if I can do it, on the white board. Then maybe later this week I will make and load a charity quilt to practice for real.

1 comment:

pollyanna said...

That turned out really beautiful. And the sunshine on the quilt is also lovely :) I hate it when the cats find the warm spots in the bed when we get up...I also hate to disturb them to make the bed!