Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cold Morning Quilting

I don't know how everyone else is doing this January, but I have overwhelmed myself with BOMs. Above you will see Sandi's Season's of the Heart January block along with the fabric's I picked out. On the right you can see my snowman completed and lying on the Calendar Quilt Challenge strip I am making for January. I am thinking that maybe I will applique the Season's on the Challenge strips but won't decide until both have gone along for a while. I realized that 30 - 31 strips will be pretty long so am thinking that I will be making 4 calendar wall hangings to rotate throughout the year. Who knows.

Here I am at 21 days: the strips are 1" finished, for the most part, but that means that over a year I would have 365" of fabric strip. So now is the time to begin thinking about how I want to use the strips. I will probably have 8 - 15 plans before the year is out. And the real problem is that I will like most of them and have to decide to do this again, and again, and again. I really like the idea of a visual documentation of my quilting.

Today started out at 24F and now, at noon is 41F. I dressed in layers and have been able to take the top layer off. Only three more to go and I won't look like I did before I started Weight Watchers. LOL

I have found that a friend from high school (we have known each other for over a half century) is reading my blog. We live 3000 miles apart and have not seen each other since my twins, now 40) were 6 months old. She says she is getting to know me all over again by reading this blog. See, blogs are really good for something other than rambling. Hi, Linda!!


Julie said...

Isn't the Internet cool that way? I have reconnected with a lot of old friends through Facebook. It has really been a blast.

PDXGramma said...

Good morning, Gari. Hope we can stay connected now!

PDXGramma said...

Oh....Ed says "hi".

jovaliquilts said...

Something similar happened to me -- I keep up via Christmas cards with a friend from childhood, 2000 mi away, and a couple years ago we discovered that we both are quilters! She doesn't blog, but maybe when she retires. It's fun, isn't it?

pollyanna said...

Hi Gari,

I just extended a Fabulous Blog award to you as posted on my blog :)

Roslyn Atwood said...

We have a lot in common gar1, 66 & 40 yr.old twins.
I am curious about the strips-you sew one a day? how long are they, just scraps?
Oh & thanks for your nice comment on my blog!