Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cold Morning Quilting















I don't know how everyone else is doing this January, but I have overwhelmed myself with BOMs. Above you will see Sandi's Season's of the Heart January block along with the fabric's I picked out. On the right you can see my snowman completed and lying on the Calendar Quilt Challenge strip I am making for January. I am thinking that maybe I will applique the Season's on the Challenge strips but won't decide until both have gone along for a while. I realized that 30 - 31 strips will be pretty long so am thinking that I will be making 4 calendar wall hangings to rotate throughout the year. Who knows.




Here I am at 21 days: the strips are 1" finished, for the most part, but that means that over a year I would have 365" of fabric strip. So now is the time to begin thinking about how I want to use the strips. I will probably have 8 - 15 plans before the year is out. And the real problem is that I will like most of them and have to decide to do this again, and again, and again. I really like the idea of a visual documentation of my quilting.



Today started out at 24F and now, at noon is 41F. I dressed in layers and have been able to take the top layer off. Only three more to go and I won't look like I did before I started Weight Watchers. LOL



I have found that a friend from high school (we have known each other for over a half century) is reading my blog. We live 3000 miles apart and have not seen each other since my twins, now 40) were 6 months old. She says she is getting to know me all over again by reading this blog. See, blogs are really good for something other than rambling. Hi, Linda!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Isn't the Internet cool that way? I have reconnected with a lot of old friends through Facebook. It has really been a blast.

PDXGramma said...

Good morning, Gari. Hope we can stay connected now!

PDXGramma said...

Oh....Ed says "hi".

jovaliquilts said...

Something similar happened to me -- I keep up via Christmas cards with a friend from childhood, 2000 mi away, and a couple years ago we discovered that we both are quilters! She doesn't blog, but maybe when she retires. It's fun, isn't it?

pollyanna said...

Hi Gari,

I just extended a Fabulous Blog award to you as posted on my blog :)

Roslyn said...

We have a lot in common gar1, 66 & 40 yr.old twins.
I am curious about the strips-you sew one a day? how long are they, just scraps?
Oh & thanks for your nice comment on my blog!
Roslyn