Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good Studio Time

Here is what I think I am doing with my Black and White
Challenge blocks. I tried several layouts in EQ6 and this appealed to me the most. I spent quite a while rearranging them to be sure that no same fabric met between blocks. You know, it is easier to rearrange on the computer than it is on the wall. This is a 5 x 6 row layout and the blocks are 13 3/4" square. I currently am planning four various sized borders and one more orange tweek in the center.











However, I have also been working on Bonnie Hunter's New Year's Eve Mystery Quilt. I am really slow because other life stuff takes up my time. Also, I very quickly get bored with fabric cutting. So, what do you get after you have this?





















You get these. They are only 3 1/2" sq. I only have made 36 and Bonnie calls for 120: I may only be making a table topper. I don't have pictures, yet, of the constasting little squares needed for the 9" blocks but I have them about half made (pictures to follow).





Yesterday I took time out from quilting to do laundry and sit in the 75F sunshine and read. Then we had our DD and DSIL over for dinner and to watch The Alamo with John Wayne. While the movie was running we shared our trip to San Antonio and how much the movie set was like the real thing.

2 comments:

Pat said...

LOVE the arrangement you have for your black and white quilt!!!

loulee said...

That white and black log cabin is cool.