Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lots of work: Small progress

So, yesterday I spent time in the studio. I cut, sewed, trimmed, sewed, pressed, trimmed, cut, sewed, pressed, sewed, pressed, cut, sewed, pressed, sewed, sewed, sewed, and pressed.Above you see the Step 2 blocks for the Double Delight Mystery (and the pile of real scraps). I had decided to make only 9 blocks, at this time, and would you believe I still came one little block short. With all this education and I can't count to 36. Anyway then I spent quite a while figuring out what fabrics I wanted to use in the little 9 patches. I really don't like pink so fiinally decided on a blue but forgot to take a picture of that process.
But this is the result of my work yesterday. Yes, I only got one block completed but now I know where I am going. I only need to make one my brown and chedder (orange, my favorite color) little block and then I can finish my blocks. I am working on an on point layout in EQ6 that will let me have a nice, bright table topper for my kitchen.



Today is house cleaning day, uck! I like to do the housework on the days DH is teaching (T & Th) because he is not underfoot. When he is here I hide in the studio, a separate building, where I usually get stuff done. I have a quilt on the frame I need to get back to and I need to make the last BOM from last year so at least that part of the project is off my list. But where am I? Sitting in the living room, watching a rerun of Simply Quilts, and writing in my Blog. I guess everyone has to have priorities. LOL


5 comments:

Ruthie said...

Very pretty....I really like the blue centers. I still haven't started mine yet.

Roslyn said...

DD is looking good Gari, I am nuts I know tackling TWO mysteries & I had vowed to add no UFO's to the list this year! Seeing your delightful B&W quilt reminds me that I really want to make a B&W& red quilt, I am collecting fabrics!Not right now though........
Roslyn

Kay said...

The orange really stands out. Nice.

Donna said...

I love your color choices. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Purple and Paisley said...

oh, i love the colors you are using! and i wanted to thank you for your visits to my blog during my birthday celebration...i truly appreciate it! ☺