Monday, January 19, 2009

National Day of Service

Cheri, at jovaliquilts asked quilters to focus on charity quilting on this day. Above you can see what I worked on. This is a Disappearing 9 Patch top. I also pieced the backing but it is on the quilt frame so I can't show it until the quilting is done. The quilt will go to the local quilt guild to be presented to local law enforcement. They carry two quilts in each patrol car and give them to children who, for various reasons, have to be removed from their homes . This quilt measures 46 x 66: I am not sure what fabric I will use for the binding. Since tomorrow is laundry day (+ dishes, floor moping, bed changing, etc.), I won't be back to the studio to load this quilt until at least Wednesday.

2 comments:

Pat said...

This is very nice. I've wanted to do a disappearing 9-patch for awhile and will have to get around to it soon as they look like fun! Our guild supplies quilts to the State Police to keep in their cars for emergency use, also.

Shelly said...

Oooo Gari, is that Mardi Gras striped fabric as the sashings? If so where did you get it? I NEED some of it!!! Don't know what for, I just NEED it! LOL OK so I don't NEED it I WANT it!
~Shelly~