Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Today I finished the binding on this charity quilt. I had difficulty finding a binding fabric until I found a multi-colored check. Funny that it came out looking more like a stripe when sewn on but I like it. This is a very bright quilt: happy colors, I hope it brightens a child's day.


Front: full view (you can see my B & W challenge quilt in the background).











Close-up:













Close up of the back. I like the binding from this view, too.




And this is my completed January block for the Calendar Challenge. I got it done early because I will be gone on Friday and tomorrow I will (maybe) be busy.
Puppy Update: We still can't come up with a name we like. We have tried many but whatever we try doesn't seem right.




6 comments:

  1. Well...maybe you can call the puppy Charity since you were working on a charity quilt when she was having her "test visit" to your house! The finished quilt is adorable...I'm sure some child will love it and find a lot of security when wrapped up in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gari the binding is PERFECT for this quilt! I just LOVE the way this quilt has turned out! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!
    ~Shelly~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheery quilt! And I love seeing what you did on the back -- I always find those a place to have a little fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun quilt! I laughed so hard at the bleach story. Good luck with the new puppy. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments.